The Quick-and-Dirty YouTube Video SEO Booster #Youtube
YouTube video SEO can be tricky, but there is no point creating an entire video and then not optimizing it for search. Your main goal is views, shares and interactions – in that order. To achieve this kind of virality you will have to know all about video SEO tweaks, which is what today’s post is about. Lean in closer, because this will get you lots of traffic.
If you don’t know the first thing (or the fifth thing) about YouTube SEO, sign up for our full course on Video Marketing here.
Everything You Need To Know About YouTube SEO: For Beginners
YouTube video SEO works in a similar way to Google SEO, and it even has its own set of tools for you to use as a video publisher. As a small business owner, I would advise that you focus on local marketing, to get more views from your immediate community.
• Use the YouTube keyword tool, but also check your keywords with a long tail keyword finder like Wordtracker. For local marketing the longer, lower competition keywords will get you more views and traffic, every time.
• For YouTube video SEO, always remember to use your chosen keyword in the right areas. These areas include your video title, your description and your tag space. In the description space you can create a transcript to benefit even more from SEO.
• At the beginning of your video description, always link to your blog or website. That link should take your viewer to similar themed areas in your blog, or a blog post about the video, how you made it, and how you would like people to share it.
• YouTube video SEO allows users to geotag their videos, so that people will know where the video came from. Link it to your business location to gain extra weight with the search engines. Find the setting in your advanced options in YouTube.
• Use keyworded annotations to drive interactions with your video. These should always provide extra value to the viewer, and limit yourself to 3 per video or you will irritate your fans. Viewer engagement affects your YouTube video SEO ranking, so the more interactions you get, the more people will see your video.
• Do not bother hosting your videos on your own website or blog. YouTube video SEO has been proven to be way more effective, which means publishing directly to YouTube first, then embedding your video on you blog. This will ensure that they rank better in the universal search results on Google.
• Text and meta data will only get you so far with YouTube video SEO. You need to get out there and cross promote! In other words post your video link on Twitter, your video on Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn and share across your bookmarking communities to gain views.
These great YouTube video SEO tips will ensure that when you post your video for the first time, it does not only get 20 views. If you are dedicated, your community-focused video will generate a local virality boom resulting in a few thousand views. Nice traffic for your sites!
How can user generated videos boost your traffic? Find out here!
What challenges do you think small business owner has to face when working with YouTube video SEO for the first time?
About John SouzaJohn Souza is founder and chief strategist of SMMU and Social Media Impact, and is a bestselling business author. He won the 2011 Tech Marketing Awards ‘Social Media Marketer of the Year’ and most recently the About.com Reader’s Choice Award for Best Online Education Site. John has appeared on The Michael Gerber Show, and his business has been honored at the Mashable Awards, Forbes Business Awards and The Stevie Awards.
How to Generate Leads with Viral Video Marketing
Are you interested in using social media to generate more...
- Posted 3 days ago
How to Improve Your Linkedin for Real Estate
Usually on social media platforms you have one goal; to...
- Posted 2 weeks ago
Social Media Safety Tips for Businesses
Your business needs every advantage that it can get when...
- Posted 3 weeks ago
27 More Social Media Facts
There’s no doubt that Social Media is crucial to any...
- Posted 4 weeks ago
Standing Out Among One Billion-Odd Users Since it’s the world’s...
- Posted 2 months ago
How To Repost Evergreen Blog Content Without Lifting A Finger
Have you ever asked yourself how you can get more...
- Posted 2 months ago
An Introduction to Twitter Engagement
So, you’ve decided to leverage Twitter to help you accomplish...
- Posted 3 months ago
5 Reasons Why People Hate Google Plus (But Shouldn’t!) #Google+
If you hate Google Plus, it may interest you...
- March 3, 2014
9 Reasons Why Google Plus Sucks (In a Good Way!) #Google+
So, Google Plus sucks. That’s what I have been...
- January 7, 2014
How To Achieve INSANE (97.2%) Blog Conversions With RebelMouse #Blogging
Rebelmouse is the next big thing, and I’ll tell...
- November 4, 2013