The Quick-and-Dirty YouTube Video SEO Booster #Youtube
YouTube video SEO can be tricky, but there is no point creating an entire video and then not optimizing it for search. Your main goal is views, shares and interactions – in that order. To achieve this kind of virality you will have to know all about video SEO tweaks, which is what today’s post is about. Lean in closer, because this will get you lots of traffic.
If you don’t know the first thing (or the fifth thing) about YouTube SEO, sign up for our full course on Video Marketing here.
Everything You Need To Know About YouTube SEO: For Beginners
YouTube video SEO works in a similar way to Google SEO, and it even has its own set of tools for you to use as a video publisher. As a small business owner, I would advise that you focus on local marketing, to get more views from your immediate community.
• Use the YouTube keyword tool, but also check your keywords with a long tail keyword finder like Wordtracker. For local marketing the longer, lower competition keywords will get you more views and traffic, every time.
• For YouTube video SEO, always remember to use your chosen keyword in the right areas. These areas include your video title, your description and your tag space. In the description space you can create a transcript to benefit even more from SEO.
• At the beginning of your video description, always link to your blog or website. That link should take your viewer to similar themed areas in your blog, or a blog post about the video, how you made it, and how you would like people to share it.
• YouTube video SEO allows users to geotag their videos, so that people will know where the video came from. Link it to your business location to gain extra weight with the search engines. Find the setting in your advanced options in YouTube.
• Use keyworded annotations to drive interactions with your video. These should always provide extra value to the viewer, and limit yourself to 3 per video or you will irritate your fans. Viewer engagement affects your YouTube video SEO ranking, so the more interactions you get, the more people will see your video.
• Do not bother hosting your videos on your own website or blog. YouTube video SEO has been proven to be way more effective, which means publishing directly to YouTube first, then embedding your video on you blog. This will ensure that they rank better in the universal search results on Google.
• Text and meta data will only get you so far with YouTube video SEO. You need to get out there and cross promote! In other words post your video link on Twitter, your video on Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn and share across your bookmarking communities to gain views.
These great YouTube video SEO tips will ensure that when you post your video for the first time, it does not only get 20 views. If you are dedicated, your community-focused video will generate a local virality boom resulting in a few thousand views. Nice traffic for your sites!
How can user generated videos boost your traffic? Find out here!
What challenges do you think small business owner has to face when working with YouTube video SEO for the first time?